548 Market St #97291
San Francisco CA 94104
Link to my W9
- Send, share, invite: email@example.com. Or firstname.lastname@example.org for google related sharing.
- Send images or other visual assets via a file sharing tool like Dropbox or Google Drive. Send a direct link to the folder or file, or give me access.
- If using Dropbox, please share in a way that does not require me to add the content to my own Dropbox account. Share the direct link, don’t “give me access”.
- Do not send images or other visual assets via an email attachment. That degrades the quality. We cannot use this.
- Do not share images or other visual assets that are added to a Drive doc or other online document format. That degrades the quality and is difficult to extract. We cannot use this.
Sharing Account Access
- You might have to share your logins to pertinent apps like social accounts, email clients like Mailchimp, or other apps like Calendly. I use a password manager that safely encrypts stored passwords.
Keeping Resources and Assets
- If I send you instructions, links, downloads, or other resources or assets, please save, download or keep as required for your own reference. I might not maintain those documents or resources on my end long term. Once I send them to you, I assume you are taking over responsibility for their long term storage and retrieval.
- When a project is done, I will share with you any pertinent assets and files.
- I like to keep things lean and streamlined. I use Google Drive whenever I can. It’s the most common platform to create live docs, store assets, share docs, comment and collaborate.
- Any document requiring a signature will be sent via Hello Sign.
- Any recurring invoice will come via Square.
In accordance with our Working Agreement, I can only accept digital payment options that have no receiving/transaction fees. All methods below have no receiving-end fees. * If there is a transaction fee on our end, we will immediately pass that fee to the Client, or not accept the transaction and require a new one.
You can find me via my email or name with all options below.
SCHWAB: PREFERRED: contact me for my account info.
WELLS FARGO: You can send a Zelle transfer using my contact info.
PAYPAL: A no-fee option like Friends and Family (this is something you set up on your account).
VENMO: https://venmo.com/Deanna-Sonni. A transaction marked as a “goods or service” cannot be accepted as there is a fee.
TRANSFERWISE: https://transferwise.com – for international clients only.
CREDIT CARD: There will be a 3% fee added to cover the transaction charge. Let me know if you prefer this method and I can send an invoice via Square.
Considerations and FYIs
Your Email Provider
Unless you use Google Workspace or SaaS solutions like Sendgrid or Sendinblue, you’re going to have a hard time with email. I guarantee it. Your emails probably will go to spam, fail security tests, or not offer the features and information needed for 3rd party apps like email marketing, sales solutions, etc . If you are in the online business space, you need a proper email hosting service. Email is actually a really complex tech heavy thing, and it is important to get right. Plus, there are a lot of compliance rules and regulations around email, which is why sticking to the leaders is the smartest move.
We offer an email package where we can get your custom email domain (@yourcustomdomain.com) setup and configured: DNS records, validations, website-side configuration, advanced security features, etc. We only work with SendGrid and Google Workspace because they are the best in terms of security and features.
Contact us to learn more about getting setup with a proper email service.
How We Work
As a digital, remote operation we don’t follow a traditional “office lifestyle” and aim to apply balance, efficiency, and care in all that we do. Since we work a little differently, I’m hoping this page will provide clarity for how we sustainably best serve our clients and offer the unique higher-touch services we do, whether that’s working with Deanna, or Luke for software projects (“us, we, I, me, my”). We keep a small group of clients so that we can provide a high level of attention, standards and care, which is a cornerstone value of Sonni Web.
In supporting our best work environment, we follow a Maker’s Schedule, which includes working at our best hours of focus, not necessarily 9-5. To focus uninterrupted on client work we do not take unscheduled calls and primarily communicate via email, which over the years has proven to be most effective. Sensible flexibility is always offered when it can be accommodated. I can only do scheduled calls before 12pm noon PT. Due to my schedule, I cannot accommodate calls later than that. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Email is the best communication medium for me. Slack and text messages are not in my task management pipeline. Our working agreement is not an “on-call” one. We are not immediately available and work needs to be communicated early. I reply to emails within 24 hours during regular work days, usually sooner. All U.S. holidays are observed and extended time-off periods are communicated via email.
December is a busy month for web development work. December 1 is the deadline to request any new work for the month of December. Major holidays are a busy work time for us, and any holiday specific work should be communicated and planned well in advance. We won’t be available for rush work or edit requests during the week leading up to major holidays, as that time is allotted for wrapping up pre-planned work, final reviews and personal time off.
In supporting a healthy work environment and mindset, we do take hard time offline, and those times may not always align with your downtime, your business’ downtime, launches, new ideas, or your personal schedule. The best way to ensure you have support when you need it is to plan ahead for the work you’ll need. We will communicate any extended time off in advance. As a reminder, even during our time off, 24/7 monitoring for our hosting remains.
We focus on offering long term value from our process, insights, results and expertise, not counting labor hours. A Retainer is required for our ongoing engagement and availability. Please see our Retainer options.
It’s the Clients responsibility to communicate if they have a budget or time limitation for any communicated project, task or time frame, so we can tailor the work accordingly. Accurate estimations with web work is near impossible due to the reality of work collaboration and the complex, always unique process of building a website, managing a web environment, or open-ended tasks like research. There are many intelligent examinations of this online if you’d like to learn more. If there is no specific budget given, billable work will proceed in a manner that satisfies the client’s requests, scope of work discussed, web development best practices, and exercising time efficiency.
There might be online work you need that is not within the Sonni Web scope. I’m not available in an “on-call employee” or “Virtual Assistant” capacity. Rather I do focused work designed to achieve the goals, value and services outlined for Sonni Web. Primarily:
- managed web hosting,
- website technical maintenance,
- ongoing web work and valuable insights for Sonni Web hosted websites in the form of a retainer,
- and website redesign.
If a task falls outside of that arena, I might not be the best suitable resource. It is possible that I will turn down work that is outside my scope of services.
Advanced Custom Programming and Software Development
My partnership with Onyx Edge Hosting provides access to software engineers whom I can engage for advanced technical work. Examples: custom software work such as database builds (think: Membership software, customer database, custom e-commerce system), custom apps, widgets, scripts, Slack bots, iOS/Mac app development, micro-services, etc. This would be subject to the availability and suitability of the Onyx Edge team and is quoted on a per project basis. Deanna acts as project manager and liaison, but the work is entirely executed by the Onyx Edge team and is subject to their own terms and rates.
your strategic web partner